Won my SS Disabily Claim after much work

Hello all- I have battled with ATN for almost 8 years but when diagnosed with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis, I threw in the towel and filed for Disability in March 2015. Inally had a court date March 2017 and received my “back pay” last week along with my Medicare card. Thank you Lord!

I wanted to let everyone who struggles to work a regular job, “pull their weight” with the family, YOU CAN DO IT. I don’t know if anyone answers. To hear my tips, so I won’t post unless requested.

2 Likes

I loved my job, but can’t work anymore, in too much constant pain How did you win your case? Thanks for sharing, hope you find relief from your pain.
Lisa

One thing about working, no matter how much you love your job the stress could be making your pain worse.

I had a career in advertising that I loved and had wanted since junior high. It tends to be high stress even when you’re goody at it ( and I was award winning my good). I finally made the decision to walk away. I transitioned into a job worth zero client meetings, zero massive project deadlines, and that was second shift (second shift fits my natural sleep pattern).

I haven’t used an alarm clock in 12 years. I haven’t stayed up late preparing client presentations. Heck I haven’t even had a business conference call. It was a massive change but it also has helped with my chronic pain issues because so much pressure was removed from my life.

I work 40-50 hours a week and have FMLA to protect me when I can’t get to work but over the years my need for it has reduced. I honestly credit stress management for a great deal.

Still managing to work. Sometimes I wonder how I do it on very bad days. Ultimately I guess, if I am going to feel bad, I would rather do it on company time. Job performance is still OK, I guess, but we do not get much feed-back.

I will not let facial pain win. That’s the mind set I have now. Stress management would help. How do I get this?
Less pain to you all,
Kudasai

There are a number of apps avaiable that are quite good I have used at one time or another the following, Now I have my own routing (involves fishing…)

1. HeadSpace

With animations and personalized progress reports, Headspace makes meditation easy and accessible. There’s even a buddy system to help you make friends and get some motivation along the way.
Available on: iPhone and Android
Price: Free

2. Calm

Billed as a “sanctuary in your pocket,” Calm offers several free guided meditations and tailored recordings for sleep, self-acceptance, positivity, and more with purchase of the Pro Access version.
Available on: iPhone and Android
Price: Free for the basic version, $9.99 per year for Pro Access

3. Buddhify

The Buddhify app contains over 80 guided meditations for various activities and settings, whether you’re at home, on the road, or in bed. You can also track your progress and choose from a variety of voices to guide you.
Available on: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android.
Price: $2.99

4. Sleep Easily Meditation by Shazzie

This 26-minute recording offers step-by-step relaxation instructions to gently ease you into sleep. The voice guidance is accompanied by soothing music and sounds designed to lull you into a more restful, meditative sleep. You can also set the in-app alarm clock to wake you in the morning.
Available on: iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

5. Smiling Mind

Smiling Mind is an Australian nonprofit initiative that offers six free mindfulness meditation programs for a variety of age groups, including children and adolescents.
Available on: iPhone, iPad, Android

6. Simply Being Guided Meditation

Richard and Mary Maddux, the creators of the Meditation Oasis podcast, developed Simply Being to make meditation easy and accessible for experts and newbies alike. Meditations range from five to 30 minutes, and you can choose to add music or nature sounds to each session.
Available on: iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone
Price: $1.99

7. Meditation Helper

If you’d rather go it alone without the guidance of a vocal recording, sound effects, or music, Meditation Helper gives you space to do your own thing. The app has a built-in timer that chimes to signal the beginning and the end of your session. It also allows you to track the consecutive days you’ve hit your target.
Available on: Android

8. Equanimity Meditation Timer and Tracker

If you like to document your progress, you’ll love Equanimity. In addition to a timer, it offers a journal for sitting notes, and graphical tracking to give you clear feedback on your practice.
Available on: iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Price: $4.99

Thanks very much. I will check into this.
Kudasai

Don’t forget about the stress of bad relationships. You may want to look at toxic people in your life and start moving them along.

Congratulations! My story is a bit different as far as litigations go but I also have been affirmed and am now supported by both federal government and the my insurance company.

I pray that this financial help lightens the burden of being off work and yet needing medications and medical appts.

Hi I’ve had MVD surgery left side and gamma knife l ft side 6 weeks ago. I also have TN on my right. Would like me to know how u were able to get disability I cannot work
My Best
Tatto20 (Joanne)

I am so happy for you!! They make it so hard! I have been fortunate that the past 5 months have been low on the pain scale (but really high on the med scale)

However back in 2008 I had a different condition that I applied for disability for and I hated being scrutinized so much. It was a different time and different administration – Bush was actively doing SS cuts. But that’s neither here nor there.

I work part-time and I exhaust myself but feel very lucky to do both.

Anyway, bless you! Please offer others your tips because I know there are so many women and men suffering and trying to get help.

Very pleased for you- one of those conditions would be enough for anybody, let alone all three!

You’re a hero for working thru the Centrelink system!! Well done. Application should be facilitated by the system, responsive to individuals’ circumstances, and move at greater than glacial speed. And it would really assist if there was a help line that was answered in a timely manner, providing full and relevant answers. But you’ve made it. Feel good about yourself.