Vitamins/Supplements for ATN

Is there any of the above that you can take for ATN. I am on many meds that really don't work and want to get off of them, including narcotics. I wondered if there were some natural remedies out there that I could take. I haven't been on here for a long time but im open for ideas.

Thanks for any suggestions.

hi! homeopathic medicine work for me-spigelia also I take hylands migraine and boiron sinusalia for any congestion which makes tn worse and swansons nerve pain relief.this is all very affordable and is safe and for me-after 23 yrs with this awful tn-it helps a lot! its well worth a try!

Where can I get all of those? At a vitamin store?

Why don’t you visit a natureopath?

I remain highly sceptical of natural remedies for ATN. Simply because the cause of the pain is generally unknown. I have fibro as well and have had that for quite some time. I tried every natural remedy under the sun and each and everyone failed. I have tried natural remedies for severe insomnia… Fail. So with something like this, ATN, I remain unconvinced. My first go around I had no health insurance. I tried lidocaine, capison cream and pills, pills for stress relieve and for pain… Nothing. In fact, I became so depressed and sucidal. My regar doctor who treated me for 20 years went for bat for me and found someone who treated me for free.

You say you are on many meds… Can I ask what? And what have you tried before that? ATN is a hard, hard condition to treat. You have to work hard to find the right combination of drugs. Some are less invasive than others.

Are you in a state that has legalized or allows medical marijuana?

Ps… Before quitting any drugs and before statting any recommended treatment by members here… Please consult a doctor.

I have never taken drugs for my TN. However, I do take homeopathic remedies and use Doterra Essential Oils. I have quite a bit of success. My TN is not at it's most extreme level of pain at this time. However, 12 years ago it was and homeopathy with medical hypnosis for pain control really helped me. I had some long years of remission. Then, in January 2015, it came back with a vengence primarily in my teeth on the left side of my face. The homeopathic remedy gave me immediate relief and I only had to use it for a few days...then, as needed.

where do you get spegelia,i looked at that the other day,and where do you buy hylands migraine

erin said:

hi! homeopathic medicine work for me-spigelia also I take hylands migraine and boiron sinusalia for any congestion which makes tn worse and swansons nerve pain relief.this is all very affordable and is safe and for me-after 23 yrs with this awful tn-it helps a lot! its well worth a try!

I am on opana mscontin baclofen zanaflex ambien klonapin plus I take aleve and Tylenol and a decongestant. And I have tried going off the meds but suffer w pain a lot. I have had many surgeries which has left many bad nerve side effects. I regret having the surgeries because they didn’t work. One was mvd. The other I had my infra orbital nerve removed. Worst mistake ever. Now I’m stuck w a numb face for the rest of my life. I was so desperate to get rid of the pain.

Hi! I am not allowed on site to mention where I get my Homeopathics, so I can only suggest that you type it into a search engine-Sorry. Its worth trying homeopathics for nerve pain as they are safe and reliable and generally affordable-I was living in pretty severe pain frequently along with spasm and anxiety and sleep deprivation-Homeopathy is a must for me! Does that mean I am 100%? No, but much better! Because my injury was trauma caused by a dentist my jaw remains partially locked yet unstable which worries me and sometimes I have awakened with deep burning pain in my ear and around the ear lobe etc-a homeopathic forpain/injury and one for earache and it disappears in under a minute.I wish I could see that other people were getting help in this way and not being harmed! I wish you the best!

hi erin.Can you send a private message for where you got your spigelia. Im not sure what to buy. thanks

erin said:

erin,

Do these homeopathics by Swanson work for atypical pain which is a constant burning type pain over teeth and gums? I have had ATN for over 20 yrs too and now it's gotten worse and the meds aren't working. I've tried so much alternative treatments -acupuncture, chiropractor, nutritional supplements with no relief. Pain management was a joke and my neurologist is out of options. I'm really starting to give up hope.

Louise

Dear Karen,

♥ I definitely can relate to your search for relief. When my doctor told me that there might be nothing that would do the trick, that we might have to try different things, I told him that if he suspected that rabbit poop would ease the pain, I would eat it, ANYTHING to find relief and allow me to function.

♥ Lisa said, ". . . the cause of the pain is generally unknown". Let me add that there are a multitude of causes, too, so what causes yours might not be the cause of mine. Trigeminal neuralgia is a symptom of something else going on, not a condition in itself that needs curing. Although the pain DOES need curing, no doubt about it. Injuries from car wrecks or dentists cause the pain for some people, a tumor might cause it for some, shingles might cause it, a swollen blood vessel sharing the nerve foramen might cause it, and multiple sclerosis causes mine. All this is to say that maybe you can relieve the pain but a surer bet will be to relieve the cause if it can be determined.

♥ The B vitamins are nervous system nutrients. If you think vitamins will help you might want to start there.
Muscle relaxants (Flexeril helps me) might help more than you would imagine; the nerves run through and over muscles, and to release muscle tension is to release tugging on the nerves or to release squeezing the nerves.

♥ Knowing what I know now about MY personal struggle with TN, I would advise anyone and everyone to get an MRI to see if they might have MS and not know it. It's not something that doctors look for, even when they think options have been "exhausted". No one looked for it in me until I went blind, but when I did, the doctors looked, and lo and behold, there was the cause for all the weirdness I had been experiencing.

♥ The list of meds you gave seem to me like they would put Godzilla out of commission. I have tried narcotics, and they did not even touch this pain. I am sorry to read that your muscle relaxants don't seem to help.

♥ But you asked about vitamins and supplements. As I mentioned, B vitamins are nerve vitamins, and my neurologist has given me B12 to help with that, and he has given me vitamin D because people with MS tend to have VitD deficiency. Other supplements have had no effect at all on me, not even bad effects. I have not tried homeopathy so I can't speak for that.

♥ Good luck with your search for relief. Thanks for telling about the surgeries that did not work - I was going to ask my neurologist to cut something or remove something just to try to get rid of the pain.