Vitamin E deficiency and TN

I was looking into the benefits of all types of vitamins and came across and article about the benefits of Vitamin E and thought I would share it with all of you.

How does Vitamin E Deficiency arise?
Vitamin E deficiency mainly arises from fat malabsorption. It causes neurological problems due to poor nerve conduction.

This humble nutrient keeps the nervous system healthy by protecting the myelin sheaths that surround nerves. It also appears to prevent mental degeneration due to aging, possibly including Alzheimer disease.
Athletes need to get adequate amounts of vitamin E. The body's own metabolism creates free radicals during excessive aerobic exercise. Vitamin E reserves make sure these free radicals don't get out of hand and cause trouble.

Deficiency of Vitamin E Symptoms in Adults
• Mild anemia
Nonspecific neurological deficits
• Disorders related to reproduction and infertility
• Fragile red blood cells
• Age spots
• Cataracts
Certain neurological damage
• Decrease in sex drive
• Muscle, liver, bone marrow and brain function abnormalities
General Signs of Deficiency of Vitamin E
• Gastrointestinal diseases
• Dry hair or loss of hair
• Muscular weakness
• Slow tissue healing
• Leg cramps
Other Signs of Deficiency of Vitamin E
Deficiency of vitamin E causes fragility of RBCs and degeneration of neurons.

Very interesting especially since many of us avoid going outdoors which makes us more susceptible to lower Vitamin E levels. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for this I was looking at liquid vit b but I will also take vit e as well to seeif these vitamins help. Fingers crossed they help

interesting....just might go buy me some, anything is worth it and vitiamins definitely can't hurt you right. Well I know you can take too much of something and cause problems but reccomended doses.

Linda

A good and easy dietary source for Vitamin E . . Almond milk. It's made from almonds, of course, which are very high in vitamin E. One cup has 50% of your daily value for Vit E and also 45% of your daily value of calcium. I use Silk Pure Almond unsweetened w/vanilla for my cereal, coffee, hot chocolate, smoothies, etc. (it tastes better than regular milk). I use the same but the kind without vanilla for cooking. Also, there are only 30 calories per cup, which is way less than even skim milk. It has more calcium and less sugar than regular milk too. My whole family has switched.

Hi Mizi, I bought some vitiamin E today. Am just reading mybell's comment as typing this and will buy Almond milk as well, I have heard so many good things about it and how healthy it is. I don't like vanilla tasting milk but know you can buy it in regular flavor as well. There is no way my family will switch but I will use it at work in cereal, etc. Thank you both for sharing your ideas.

Linda