Tooth pain

Hi all.As you know alot of my pain is in my teeth and gums.I cant figure out why though. At no point do i get one days relief,its always there.My mouth burns,my gums burn,im getting numbness in my right side palette,and tongue,it feels numb or kind of numb if that makes sense.Sometimes i get mild shooting pains through my teeth,or a feeling as if someone is poking my teeth with something. I always think my teeth will fall out,and this can cause me some anxiety.Anxiety isnt really part of my life,but it has been since this issue.If my teeth / gums didnt hurt,i think i'd feel normal again,except for those days when i get the other issues. Will the tooth/gum pain go. Must be having a bad day.

Hello Barbara,

I too only have pain in my tooth and gums on my lower left side.My pain started right after I had a wisdom tooth refilled then pulled..My pain is also constant..I took Amitriptyline for about 9 months and slowly tapered off of it..I had NO pain ..This lasted about 8 months until I got a cold, cough, ear ache..Then the pain came back again..Not near as bad as before...It was nice not having any pain and feeling like my old self again..My tooth hurts everyday which causes me alot of anxiety. I have to go to the dentist in November..So I will have him check my tooth out just in case it has developed an infection/crack...When did your pain start? Did you have dental work? Are you on any medications? I hope your pain goes away soon....

The fifth cranial nerve goes to the teeth, so dental pain can happen. As I type, I have a upper front tooth that is hurting so bad, if I thought pulling it out with pliers would help, I would do it.

Call your doctor…have them call in lidocaine mouthwash! Helps many

I know where you're coming from. The roof of my mouth and the side of my mouth are deeply numb but my lower jaw aches and so do my teeth. Sometimes just one or two, other times all on the right hand side. Every so often I get a tooth on the opposite side that I swear must have a crack from top to bottom it hurts so bad. Fun, isn't it.

Hi stephanie.Mine started after a tooth extraction/ infection under back molar.Currently i am on nortriptyline,they worked well but am having a bit more pain again.Meant to go to docs to pick up oxcarbamezine,not sure if i will get along with them,havent got along with any anti seizure pills yet.When i get a cold,headache,ulcer i get so much facial pain,but sometimes i get nothing ,except for the teeth issue.

stephanie said:

Hello Barbara,

I too only have pain in my tooth and gums on my lower left side.My pain started right after I had a wisdom tooth refilled then pulled..My pain is also constant..I took Amitriptyline for about 9 months and slowly tapered off of it..I had NO pain ..This lasted about 8 months until I got a cold, cough, ear ache..Then the pain came back again..Not near as bad as before...It was nice not having any pain and feeling like my old self again..My tooth hurts everyday which causes me alot of anxiety. I have to go to the dentist in November..So I will have him check my tooth out just in case it has developed an infection/crack...When did your pain start? Did you have dental work? Are you on any medications? I hope your pain goes away soon....

hmmm lidocaine mouthwash. can you not buy it. Will ask for that when i go. thanks KC

Kc Dancer Kc said:

Call your doctor.....have them call in lidocaine mouthwash! Helps many

Hi catwoman. I have a mouth guard now to stop jaw aching,i have to say its working,but as soon as i take it out,my jaw will hurt again at some point.
catwoman said:

I know where you're coming from. The roof of my mouth and the side of my mouth are deeply numb but my lower jaw aches and so do my teeth. Sometimes just one or two, other times all on the right hand side. Every so often I get a tooth on the opposite side that I swear must have a crack from top to bottom it hurts so bad. Fun, isn't it.

You cant buy it…but you dont need a doctors appt, for it , your primary can call it in for you…until then, over the counter extrra strength oragel

This sounds like me too. I’m not getting the lightning bolts since about tues. -started on dilantin on Monday. But man do my teeth and gums hurt on bottom right side. Particularly one tooth. I know I have a buried tooth under the incisor on my right side and the gums/jaw by it are really painful. I alternate between -yes it’s just part of TN to no maybe it’s that buried tooth. However in 2005 I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled plus a bottom molar and a root canal on the other bottom molar and it didn’t help. Now the pain just moved forward a bit. I just am scared to go through all the time and money to get this buried tooth out only to find out it wasn’t the problem. Anyway else have deal with this and find out getting tooth pulled did help?