Tongue Pain and TN-PLEASE RESPOND HELP

How many people on here suffer with constant tongue pain and burning sensation. I have had this for 9 months now and not a minute goes by that my tongue doesn't hurt. Am I the only one that has this problem constantly? Please any insight would be helpful.

My pain is in my back molar tooth, ear, but mostly my tongue. This pain isn't electric pains as mentioned on this site. It just is a throbbing pain.

Please respond if you had this and what meds you take and how they may have helped.

I have tongue burning. It seems to flare up when I eat certain things. The Gabapentin is supposed to help with it. I've noticed in the past if I am on an antidepressant the burning goes away...Go fiqure...Wishing you all the best

Ouch! Sounds terrible. I have tongue pain as well but it is not constant. Mine feels like I have bitten it really hard. Also have lots of tooth pain and an ice pick in my ear. Well, not really an ice pick in my ear but you get it. I am on Carbamazepine (Tegretol). I find a warm wheat bag on the side ofy face helps a bit. Have you tried lidocaine rinses for the mouth? Many members here swear by it. All the best.

I have the almost constant tongue burn, on Gabapentin, it helps, but the sensation is still there. Topicals do help. Definintely talk with your Dr and see what else can be done to bring you more comfort. Gentle hugs,

Betsy

Jasmine, what kind of antidepressants did you take?

Lidocaine Mouthwash Prescription!

Magic Mouthwash is what people here call it!

Cleo, is your tongue pain constant. Please describe your pain to the best of your knowledge. Thank you

Patty,

Is your tooth pain and ice pick in the ear fairly constant. Basically, is it everyday?

Patty said:

Ouch! Sounds terrible. I have tongue pain as well but it is not constant. Mine feels like I have bitten it really hard. Also have lots of tooth pain and an ice pick in my ear. Well, not really an ice pick in my ear but you get it. I am on Carbamazepine (Tegretol). I find a warm wheat bag on the side ofy face helps a bit. Have you tried lidocaine rinses for the mouth? Many members here swear by it. All the best.

Jasmine,

Is your tongue pain everyday? Is it painful as well as burning. Is this on the base of your tongue or all over?

Jasmine said:

I have tongue burning. It seems to flare up when I eat certain things. The Gabapentin is supposed to help with it. I've noticed in the past if I am on an antidepressant the burning goes away...Go fiqure...Wishing you all the best

My tooth pain is fairly constant these days and the ice pick in the ear is intermitent. Had a pan xray and another dental exam just to confirm, again, that the pain was indeed tn and not dental.

Party, when you mean ear pain is intermittent do you still have it daily? Have you been to an ENT and been scoped?

Patty, also which teeth is your nerve pain in? Back molars?

My ear pain is as a result of my mvd in september. Normal and should go away. It has become less. My tooth pain is all my teeth top and bottom from the eye teeth back. Often feels like my wisdom teeth are coming in as well but i do not have wisdom teeth. Tn is such a great faker. You seem to be asking very specific questions. May i ask why?

Patty,

I'm just so distraught with my symptoms and I fear cancer. I have had 3 ENT scopes, a tonsillectomy, a lingual tonsillectomy on back of my tongue, and 3 tongue biopsies. I also have had MRI, CT Scan, and nothing inconclusive out of any of this. My ENT thinks some kind of neuralgia, but just can't put his finger on it because my symptoms are constant and everyday? Nothing showed on MRI. I'm just trying to see what everyone else symptoms are and if they kind of come close to mine. This tongue pain is terrible and burns on right side with pain in the base of the tongue. I even had my Hyoid bone cornu tip removed two weeks ago because they said it was very close to my anterior cervical neck. This didn't help with my pain. It seems TN is more shooting pains and more episodes than constant. So, I'm literally at wits end. They have basically cut out half my throat looking for diagnosis. Ready to give up. :-( I'm on Neurontin and Lyrica with no help from those either so it doesn't sound like neuralgia.

I am so sorry that you have such severe pain wellington90. If you explore the face pain tab you will see that there are two main types of TN. One is sharp jolts and the other is more constant and burning. I have both. the MVD surgery has helped reduce and nearly eliminate the sharp jolts but it has made the type 2 worse. Information is power. Please explore, copy and take this info along to your appointments for clarification. I would also recommend you consider purchasing the book Striking back. It is what we TNer's often call the TN bible. All the best. Hugs

My ear pain and mouth discomfort have just woken me up. Mine is intermittent but both are horrible and make life feel miserable x

Helen, what mouth discomfort do you feel? Can you explain?

Yes darling of course. It can feel like ants running around in there. My tongue is frequently numb and my teeth get shocks through them and feel on edge permenatly. Today my teeth have felt like little razors on my lips.

Helen,
Does your tongue hurt? Is is daily?

No its intermittent. In fact today has been really low pain. Great. Hope u r well today? X