TN AND dental issues

So about 2 weeks ago I had a tooth that had gone south on me and began to hurt immensely. Those who know me, also know I have no insurance and was putting off the high costs of and extraction for as long as possible. I knew this tooth would have to come out because it was chipped away and basically just crap. But by Saturday the pain was so bad, it had inflamed my TN and was causing me excruciating pain. I called a local dentist who does $1 exams and they agreed to see me on a Saturday.

I applied for a medial credit card that morning and they approved me that same day. I was able to go in and get the tooth out. I am feeling loads better now and even despite the fact I was tossing anything I ate most of Sunday, I am feeling good again (dental issues aside, my tn is still there though). Apparently I had an infection in the root of the tooth and it was swelling up inside the gums near the tooths nerves & putting pressure on our favorite nerve of all.

I'm sure others have had similar experiences or issues, but I do recommend taking good care of your teeth with TN, dental issues can make it seem a thousand times worse than it should be.

I just had my 27th ( guessing ) filling in my 30 years…without novacaine … Little one up front…I never in my life I would say…hey doc…lets not use a needle today… Was fine

I’m going hunting for extra money so I can do laughing gas from now on…

I just got down to 1% pain for tn… Terrrrrified of needles …

I need 3 root canals … I can’t even dial the phone for those… I never had a fear before.

I see t have a dentist that only did gas, I unfortunately had to get 8 shots for the pain,...they said that was a lot,... Bit I did put in my medical info that I had tn,.... So whether they noticed or not...? But I feel Mich better, still getting electric shooting pain from the tn, but at least that's more manageable with out that on top of the tooth ache.

I currently have an infected tooth that is setting off the nerve, and although it's being treated with antibiotics until I can get a root canal, it will be several weeks until I can get that done. I'm glad to know that after your bad tooth was taken care of your nerve pain went down! I only hope mine goes the same way.

Aw that bites! I hope you can find something that relieves it. I'd recommend a cream called capzasin I think that's how its spelled. Its used for arthritis but its also a nerve pain relief. It helped me a lot.

I am still getting those sharp shooting pains but once the tooth was out it became tolerable again. I hope you get that tooth taken care of soon, I really feel for ya. I'm so glad I finally got mine out. I wish ya the best!

EasyBeef said:

I currently have an infected tooth that is setting off the nerve, and although it's being treated with antibiotics until I can get a root canal, it will be several weeks until I can get that done. I'm glad to know that after your bad tooth was taken care of your nerve pain went down! I only hope mine goes the same way.

KC
You might want to check with your dental insurance and talk with your dentist possibly your neuro too but it can be possible to get insurance to cover laughing gas if you can show it is in fact warrented and needed. There are also some dentists that do offer laughing gas free of charge around where I am at, so if you don’t mind switching dentists that’s a possibility too.

With any dental care I just want to say to all please be carefully and listen to your dentist instructions for after care, make sure to keep your doctors in the loop in if needed, and make sure you have someone in the dental field that knows what TN is.

Just the thought of the dentist gives me the willies, yes I’m a big baby about it always have been even more so now. Hope you all feel better soon.

Kc Dancer Kc said:
I just had my 27th ( guessing ) filling in my 30 years.....without novacaine ...... Little one up front....I never in my life I would say.....hey doc.....lets not use a needle today...... Was fine

I'm going hunting for extra money so I can do laughing gas from now on......

I just got down to 1% pain for tn..... Terrrrrified of needles ......

I need 3 root canals ..... I can't even dial the phone for those........ I never had a fear before.