Thoughts if anyone has opinions

I given an infusion of Keppra March 5. Then I started to take Keppra 500 mg 2 times a day. I noticed my mood was depressed and I did not feel like myself. I called doctor yesterday and he told me to take just 1 keppra a day followed up with Medtrol (steroid). I am so afraid of these medications altering my mood and giving me intrusive thoughts. I already have problems with depression. Has anyone done the Medtrol (prednisone) thing?

I have had steroids before, by mouth and by shot. The only side effects I have had from the steroids is trouble sleeping and agitation sometimes, but not all the time.

Steroids can make you angry or cranky -- if it is making you depressed --- ASAP call your pharmacist and/or doctor and see how to ween off --- you cannot just stop taking steroid unless it's been 1 day only I believe.

I had a round of keppra and a med roll dose pack just after my mvd. I didn’t notice an altered mood (well, anymore than the surgery already causes). I also have suffered in the past with depression and mood issues. Are you living alone or is there someone you live with that you can tell if you feel your mood is being affected? How much longer do you have on the steroids? I have taken plenty of steroids (its always the doctors last ditch efforts with me when they can’t figure out what to do lol) and never had them alter my mood much. Mostly insomnia and MAYBE a little cranky). Are you on a short round ok keppra or is this something they want you to stay on? I say if you have bad enough concerns to post on here you need to call your doctor and make sure your concerns are adequately heard. If you can’t make sure that happens find someone to help advocate for you. I know sometimes I just can’t deal with calling the doctors for this kind of stuff when I’m already dealing with pain and then side effects on top of that, so I have my mom call and make sure she gets to someone who will listen and be able to fix the problem. If all else fails, and you have nowhere to turn and you are feeling really depressed please post on here, because a lot of us have been through the same thing you are going through and would be glad to listen and talk to you if you need some help. I can speak only for myself, but this group of people finally made me aware that I really am not alone in this painful journey and I’m not crazy (I was pretty sure I was certifiable there for awhile), so please lean on us, make sure your doc knows the severity of the side effects, and call your pharmacist. We are here for you. :heart:

I suffer from severe depression. I was placed on Prednisone, and it made me sad and very cranky. I couldn't complete the course of the drug. My mother took it once, however- and it made her feel happy and nice. LOL.

I have never heard of infusion Keppra. I am on three times a day...two 500mg at each. along with neurotin and triliptal all in the same two months...I have an idea for you...I am alone most days for near two weeks at a time...I keep a journal for myself...that way I can write down even if the dog and I need time apart...lol when you dont feel good you just dont...Hang tight. wont you?

HCal said:

I had a round of keppra and a med roll dose pack just after my mvd. I didn't notice an altered mood (well, anymore than the surgery already causes). I also have suffered in the past with depression and mood issues. Are you living alone or is there someone you live with that you can tell if you feel your mood is being affected? How much longer do you have on the steroids? I have taken plenty of steroids (its always the doctors last ditch efforts with me when they can't figure out what to do lol) and never had them alter my mood much. Mostly insomnia and MAYBE a little cranky). Are you on a short round ok keppra or is this something they want you to stay on? I say if you have bad enough concerns to post on here you need to call your doctor and make sure your concerns are adequately heard. If you can't make sure that happens find someone to help advocate for you. I know sometimes I just can't deal with calling the doctors for this kind of stuff when I'm already dealing with pain and then side effects on top of that, so I have my mom call and make sure she gets to someone who will listen and be able to fix the problem. If all else fails, and you have nowhere to turn and you are feeling really depressed please post on here, because a lot of us have been through the same thing you are going through and would be glad to listen and talk to you if you need some help. I can speak only for myself, but this group of people finally made me aware that I really am not alone in this painful journey and I'm not crazy (I was pretty sure I was certifiable there for awhile), so please lean on us, make sure your doc knows the severity of the side effects, and call your pharmacist. We are here for you. ❤