Thermocoagulation

Hello fellow sufferers (and others). It's been a while since I posted anything, but have been looking all the time at other people's tales of successes and struggles.

After 6 years of taking wagonloads of meds together with regular acupuncture I was offered a choice between thermocoagulation or, what I think might have been gamma knife surgery, here in France. I refused the latter as it would have meant travelling several hundred kilometres to an area we don't know at all knowing that both options here have the same success rate of 60 to 70 percent.

My thermocoagulation was carried out at Poitiers hospital under the team led by professor Bataille. Among the options on offer here was for my husband being able to stay at a Maison Familliale' on the campus at a very low cost, which took some worry away from me, that he wouldnt be thrashing up and down the motorway each day to see me.

Well, here I am a couple of days later, a little bruised in the face, swollen and numb in the cheek, but totally free of gpn. Today's visit to the local market in frosty weather was a test! I'm told to stay on my current meds for 3 to 4 weeks and then decrease them gradually. It will be a day of celebration when I get off them totally and even if a little numbness remains it will still have been worth it.

Hi KatyB - great news and outcome for you, can you keep us updated on your progress? :)