Tens Therapy for TN

Hello everyone,

So glad to have found this group. I have suffered from migraines for 30 years, but in the last 15 years started to have more facial pain, numbness, tingling, etc. It took me a while to realize they were two different things, not just migraines, but TN also. Long story short, researched the Cefly, which is an "electrical headband of sorts" for migraines, one of the newest treatments. My husband is a doctor in the medical field and researched the wave type, settings, all the techno stuff about the Cefly, so I could find a TENS unit to replicate it exactly. Got it, used it and while it has not cured my migraines, my TN has been reduced significantly after a week of use. There is plenty of info on the internet about TENS therapy for TN. I found a TENS unit for sale that did not require a doctors RX from a medical supply company. Why this one did not require one I do not know as others on the same sight did. I cannot believe the relief I have gotten with this non-invasive procedure and just wanted to share my experience. Good luck to all of you!

Sally

Thanks.... I wish the Cefaly would have worked out! Only because I would love to hear more about it. Everything have read would seem to indicate it could help TN as it directly stimulates the TN. With FDA approval, its not hard to get insurance approval either.