Surgery 2/11/09

Today is my son’s 18th birthday. Today is also the day that I found out that I will have surgery. I am going to Walnut Creek, CA on March 4th for the consultation with the doctor so he can examine me and then surgery the next day. He feels that he can repair the nerve in my jaw so that I can keep some of the feeling in my face. I don’t remember what the procedure is called but he said it takes about 1 1/2 hours and I should be able to go home the next day. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I am excited to be pain free or at least in less pain than what I am in but I am also scared to death that I won’t wake up. I have only been married to my husband for a year and I don’t want to miss even a second of time with him. My children are 18, 16 and 11 and I can’t imagine not being here for them. I am scared that if something happens that I may not have done what I needed to do to go to heaven. I am afraid that I wouldn’t ever see my husband again because he is an athiest. I ave always believed that I believe in God and have enough faith for the both of us. I know my surgery is not as invasive as the MVD but it is still general anesthesia all the same. Anyway, wish me luck and if anyone has any extra prayers they are not using I would be more than happy to tkae them off your hands.
Tamara

Hi Tamara. I understand because I am so afraid of being put out, as well. If everyone who prays here prays for you and sends healing thoughts your way that day, all will be good. I cannot believe they are doing surgery so quickly. Have you talked with your Neurologist and has he given his blessing? Be sure to do your research on the procedure for pre-op testing and post-op. Call him and ask the name and talk to people here about it. They will give you good advice about how to handle the things the surgeon didn’t tell you about - I think this is very important by some of the posts I have read here. And as far as your husband goes, I think you will see him again :slight_smile:

Hi Tamara,

I visited my dentist yesterday and during a long chat with him he mentioned that if I am offered any procedures to thoroughly research them. I would encourage you to do the same.

Thinking of you,

Love Jo X x