Successful MVD for TN1 and TN2

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my MVD went great and I am recovering fine! The neurosurgeon located the compression and it took a significant amount of work to seperate the vein and the nerve. When he did, the vein had left an indentation on the the nerve!

I will write details more later about the experience under the MVD forum after I have more time to heel and rest.

MVD my not be the right answer for everyone, but don't give up up!!

Mandie

((((( hugs )))))
Happy that you are recovering well, hope it continues without event, rest,rest,rest!
I’ve heard of the compression causing serious indentation on the nerve before, crazy hey!?
I hope your nerve can heal with time and recover and eliminate your pain altogether!
Thanks for checking in! Take good care of you!
Mimi :slight_smile:

So happy for you, now is the time to allow yourself time to heal, be kind to you!

Doing the happy dance for you !!!!! I was hoping you would find your answers!!!

Do NOT try and push yourself too soon -- Rule #1

Kimberly

So pleased for you and hoping that you heal well and quickly, everyone who's had the MVD says, rest, rest and then rest again, let others pamper you for a while! Did the doctor say whether or not the indentation in the nerve is going to cause you problems, I really hope not though!

I'm having my first MVD tomorrow (halloween!) so hopefully I'll be joining you in the recovery period and posts!

Take care and again, good luck with a speedy recovery

Mandy : )

I have some numbness, but it can take up to a year for the nerve to heal. The only numbness that bothers me is part of my toungue. If it doesn't improve, I still would have no regrets! Best of luck Mandy!! I will be praying for you and thinking of you.

Mandy said:

So pleased for you and hoping that you heal well and quickly, everyone who's had the MVD says, rest, rest and then rest again, let others pamper you for a while! Did the doctor say whether or not the indentation in the nerve is going to cause you problems, I really hope not though!

I'm having my first MVD tomorrow (halloween!) so hopefully I'll be joining you in the recovery period and posts!

Take care and again, good luck with a speedy recovery

Mandy : )

I went for a very short walk yesterday with the dog and helped my mother clean her carrots out of the garden. Still really tired. I hope the excercise helps along with cutting down the tegretol. I do have some trouble sleeping at night in the same position all night. Things are getting better every day!

Don't worry I will still post details in the MVD forum. For anyone that may be approaching an MVD before I do, please feel free to email me and I will answer any questions I can.

Wishing you all pain free days!

Mandie

First pic is 10/18/12 and the other one was yesterday.

544-054.JPG (1.03 MB) 545-055.JPG (641 KB)

Fantastic News Mandie, and Mandy take heart that will be you soon xxxxx

please don't over do it -- a lady in my local group thinks that her post MVD pain might have come back because she was bending her head up and down working in the garden less than two weeks out

although my surgeon - when I asked

when can I do ______

when can I do ______

all his answers were When You Feel Up to It !! : )