Sphenopalatine Neuralgia

Sorry bout sending this twice - I messed up. I am reading Striking Back and have come across the paragraph about spenopalatine neuralgia, which fits me perfectly except the eye tear and congestion. Does anyone know anything about this and if so, advice please. I was wickedly sick for 2 months with a sinus infection and this all started immediately after that. Just wondering. Thanks Alison

you can be tested with a ct tissue scan.

elaine48 said:

Hi Elaine - thanks for that.. Do you mean a regular CT of the sinuses? Would you be looking for sinus thickening? Does it matter in the end - is treatment different for ATN, Sluder's or Cluster headache? Thanks in advance Alison

elaine48 said:

PS - thanks for the gift.... I am still trying to figure out how this web site, including yours works...I cannot extend my stay - however, we are driving home so perhaps it would be worth a visit. Can you tell me someone I should see if indeed I can get an appt? Thanks alison

I mean Ct tissue scan of the head and neck with and without contrast. They are looking at structure of the bones and tissu

P rsonally I am not impressed with Miami., Call Miami Neuroogical Institute-Dr. Raya. Its worth a shot. Also I believe there is another neuro center upstate. would that be closer for you.

Look up the disorder on google or ask red. I do think its a different surgery. What do you think of Miami? Have you had any CT scans. So much doesnt show on tests.

i believe its dr. rana at miali neurological institute. i really did not find miami helpful. how did you do…

HI- because I had musculoskeletal problems as well (neck issues) I was with the Pain Management group. Dr. Patin was FANTASTIC, unfortunately, I am now left with face pain or, get this SINUSITIS.... So I am really confused and really fed up, frankly, because I am worried that it is too late to fix sinusitis or alternatively, I have facial neuralgia in which case I have to accept it and try to treat it with meds, that I HATE taking. I have had an MRI and CT - I have a history of asthma, allergies and sinus issues so Ill let you know how I make out with the ENT. I am going to assume Sinusitis until told otherwise. Will not have surgeries etc. ...if there is only vague issues. Where with the pain group or neurology.. I cant say I am impressed with any neurologist I have met here or in Canada... God bless