Question about TN and Gastric Bypass

Hi!! I am new to the group. I have had TN for a long time. I go through bouts of when I don't have it under control. I did consider surgery. You know how waiting for an appointment takes forever. By the time if went, my pain was back until control. Right now I am on Lamictal. At this point I am on the highest dose. I said a pain management guy. He suggested when things are good, cut back and then when things are bad, bump it up. This is so that the effects of the med last longer for me instead of my body getting use to it.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I had gastric bypass surgery in August. Well since I have been back up to 6 pills a day and I can't make it between dose without having episodes. I think the medicine is going through my system too quickly.

Anyone else out there that has had gastric bypass?

Yes, I had Gastric Bypass 12 years ago and now I have ATN. And all the meds so far for ATN runs thru me too fast. It helps fast and then its gone and I need more. And on top of that, I have a stomach ulcer so I can't take any kind of pain meds. Are you still on Lamictal? What type TN do you have?