Psychometric assessment

Has anyone gone through a psychometric assessment? I read about it and it seems to be a test to see how you feel the pain is? And how intense it is? Anyone? Anything?

a psychometric assessment has nothing to do with the evaluation of pain sensation. it is a test to measure knowledge, abilities, attitudes, and personality traits. depending on what you want to evaluate in a patient, the test can be short or very long.

where are you getting your information? is someone asking you to take this test?

vesper

this is what I have found online…my neurologist was suggesting I have it done in order to help them treat the pain.

vesper venustas said:

a psychometric assessment has nothing to do with the evaluation of pain sensation. it is a test to measure knowledge, abilities, attitudes, and personality traits. depending on what you want to evaluate in a patient, the test can be short or very long.

where are you getting your information? is someone asking you to take this test?

vesper

psychometric assessments evaluate your psychological and cognitive abilities. i would ask for a justifying reason to take this test for pain evaluation.

an EEG measures your brain’s electrical activity. it is possible he may have been referring to this type of test.

vesper

Ally Castellano said:

this is what I have found online…my neurologist was suggesting I have it done in order to help them treat the pain.


vesper venustas said:
a psychometric assessment has nothing to do with the evaluation of pain sensation. it is a test to measure knowledge, abilities, attitudes, and personality traits. depending on what you want to evaluate in a patient, the test can be short or very long.

where are you getting your information? is someone asking you to take this test?

vesper

Oh yes, the 2 day ‘Confidential’ NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION that I posted the cover page of in “my photos”.

Consistent with the report, show that I am here; right where I should be, just where I NEED to be…bob

Wait Bob, I am confused…what do you mean? Have you had one before or you know about it?

Vesper, I will look deeper into it because I REFUSE to take a test to see if I am crazy. Thanks!

Bob Snodgrass said:

Oh yes, the 2 day ‘Confidential’ NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION that I posted the cover page of in “my photos”.

Consistent with the report, show that I am here; right where I should be, just where I NEED to be…bob

Ally, I had this ‘testing’ done 11/2008 (same month I joined here)!

My neurologist referred me as part of a pre-surgical eval for deep brain stimulators (DBS).

It was deemed by them, DHMC-Lebanon, NH and later at MGH-Boston that I had one too many brain surgeries. 1 MVD, 2 SRS, the second giving me a brachial lesion; causing cerebellar ataxia, resting tremor, anisocoria and so on.

Test results show some cognitive ‘impairments’.

I have always been a little “crazy”…at least I know where I stand, to me that is important.

Re-testing will be scheduled next April. I am looking forward to it! bob

James and Bob,
AHH thanks for your response. Bob, for a “pre-surgical” test what were they looking for? So they concluded that the surgeries caused the “cognitive impairments.”

The second stereotactic radio surgery gave me a bracial lesion, sorta ‘burnt’ a small area. That caused the problems.

They weren’t “looking” for anything, it was a pre-surgical evaluation to see if I would be a candidate for the Deep Brain Stimulators. bob