Post-Herpetic Neuralgia Alternative Treatments

I am going to see a MD who is into alternative, homeopathic treatments. Vitamin shots, IV installations, GABA (a form of Neurontin), etc. He is well known and respected and I’m ready to try anything. I can’t take any of the medications due to my ulcers and GI issues, also my immune system is shot from fighting off all the inflammation in my body the past two years (all of my lymph nodes are sore and swollen). So he is looking at it from the angle of getting my immune system working well again and also using GABA for the pain/virus. Has anyone had any luck with this type of alternative treatment? I am also going to keep my appointment with a university neurologist to get her opinion on what I am doing, and what she would do if all of this doesn’t work. I think the two doctors should not compete, but really work together to get this virus under control! I am terrified that it will get into my optic nerve. I am not crazy about getting vitamin B-12 shots into my cheeks, but at this point I’ll try anything. He start will with a complete physical and check my blood for vitamin deficiencies, immune strength, etc. None of my other doctors have done this. He actually called me at home twice already!

What do you guys think? I am surprised to see so many people have this type of TN. Do you think we should have our own group on this site so we can chat about just this issue?

ALL OF YOU ARE AWSOME!!! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!! (I think as a form of personal protest we should never eat chicken again - HA!!!)