Personal Success with Upper Cervical Chiropractic?

Has anyone on here personally had success with Upper Cervical Chiropractic? I have a friend who has suggested it to me, but like many of you, I am not sure I want to spend the time or money on ANOTHER thing. I tried one doctor, but she has suggested another with more experience. . . . just would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks and hugs to all,

Debbie

I have had great success with Upper Cervical treatment. It is part of my ongoing treatment in addition to medication. They both help but I have more breakthrough pain when I miss several chiro appointments.

find a VERY EXPERIENCED upper cervical certified doctor who has worked with people with TN. There should be no jerky movements in your treatment (old school "cracking"). Your first appointment's doctor was right, this needs to be done by someone with a specialty in the specific field. And check credentials!

I completely agree. Make sure they are NOT the snap-crakle-pop types. Upper Cervical adjustments are gentle, and should be done by one who is purely adjusting the atlas. no twisting, either.

Paula Marez said:

find a VERY EXPERIENCED upper cervical certified doctor who has worked with people with TN. There should be no jerky movements in your treatment (old school "cracking"). Your first appointment's doctor was right, this needs to be done by someone with a specialty in the specific field. And check credentials!