Pain Medicine;; how long after surgergy did you need them?

I had a MVD on September 6, 2012. There was an artery lying on the nerve, that the Dr was very happy to find. I am still having pain. There is a possibility that I have hemifacial spasm. My face is aching but the Dr. thinks it is still surgery pain. I was wondering if I am on pain medicine longer then most people. The jolts are gone so that makes me happy. I know people recovery differently but I was curious about others experience.

Hi Bawebb,

I had MVD on Sept. 4th. I was off pain meds by week 2. I have the usual numbness on my face associated with the surgery but no pain. Eventually that will go away. My ear, incision site is still tender and I take tylenol for that. Had a small 'leak' issue but it has resolved itself. I hope your pain subsides!

Mary

I was on painkillers for 2 months. Sometimes not everyday but there were times when I really needed them. You will find yourself needing them even after that, once in awhile. Hope this helps! Glad the shocks are gone!

Mary

Thanks ladies for your replies. I was glad to see a difference. I know everybody has a different experience. From past surgeries I know I tend to heal slowly.

mary said:

Hi Bawebb,

I had MVD on Sept. 4th. I was off pain meds by week 2. I have the usual numbness on my face associated with the surgery but no pain. Eventually that will go away. My ear, incision site is still tender and I take tylenol for that. Had a small 'leak' issue but it has resolved itself. I hope your pain subsides!

Mary