Night time pain

Is it "normal" or usual to have flares at night while sleeping? I had two bad ones last night that woke me up. I thought this was my safe time!

Some of us are just abnormal. My worst pain is at night.

Hi Kristi, I dread night time. My pain burns more severely at night. I have ATN, but I can tell a huge difference from my day pain levels compared to my night levels. The next day I'm exhausted from the pain and lack of sleep. I wear a dental night guard that I think aggravates the pain. Also, when the temp or pressure drops at night, my pain increases. I NEED my sleep because when I AM asleep there is no pain.

I hope you have some good nights ahead of you.

Perhaps not normal, but it happens to me sometimes.

I agree with Lisa that some of us are abnormal. I have tn2 and never had nighttime facial pain until the past six months or so. The first 4.5 yrs no pain at night (at least in my face). Now, most every day I wake with pain.

I had the same experience as you, but with atypical GPN rather than TN.

shadow2 said:

I agree with Lisa that some of us are abnormal. I have tn2 and never had nighttime facial pain until the past six months or so. The first 4.5 yrs no pain at night (at least in my face). Now, most every day I wake with pain.