New group - Genealogy

Not everyone’s cup of tea I know, but if you have an interest in family research and want to have a discussion or share your knowledge it would be nice to have you. If you are a complete beginner happy to help. As I’m pretty much housebound at the moment this is something I can do sitting on the couch with my laptop or pad to distract me from the pain

Hi there! Your post intrigued me. I know what you mean about distractions from pain. I have horrible ATN (3 years now), and I work from my home as an accountant. My husband thinks I am crazy for working so much, but what he doesn't understand is how work distracts me from the pain. Ice is also my friend!

Anyway, I too am involved in genealogy. I would be interested to know if you are a member of the LDS church (Mormon). I am a Mormon. Our church is heavily involved with genealogy. Have you ever done something called Indexing? If not, I KNOW you would be amazing at it, based on your comments. The LDS church has millions of records on file, such as immigration forms, census records, etc. To assist in genealogy for members and nonmembers, these records are made available through Family Search (a site dedicated to searching out ancestors). Anyone, members or nonmembers alike, are asked to decipher each line item on the document and record it in the spaces provided. It is really fun to do, and very addicting. How this aids people doing genealogy is that these deciphered records are posted on Family Search. Anyone doing genealogy can "search" for a particular family member, and because the name has been indexed, the name shows up in the search and the person doing the genealogy can find out the information about their ancestor.

Let me know if you want more information about how to get started indexing. It is super easy. I would love to help you. Maybe you can give me tips too. My direct email is ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■. Please feel free to email me. Lora

PS - Good luck with your pain. Enduring is very hard. It is nice to talk to someone who absolutely understands what you are going through.