MVD -vs- Balloon

I have been given these two options. I am a 41 year old otherwise healthy female. I would like some advice.....I am having a hard time deciding which is best for me.

I have to call the Neurosurgeon back with my decision....the MVD or the Balloon......I am desperate for some advice!!

I don’t really know anything about the balloon surgery, but from what I have read, MVD is the surgery with the best outcome. I have had MVD on both my right and left sides, and am very happy with the result.
Best of luck ctk to you!

It depends on what type of TN you have really. If you have type 2 your chances of success with MVD is much lower than if you have type 1. I have both type 1 and type 2 and had an MVD done by the best in PA. Unfortunately, it did not work for me and I was left with tapping in my ear and pain in my neck at the surgery site, which was over 5 years ago. I have not yet had balloon decompression, but am in the process of investigating. I would not suggest rushing into anything. You do not have to make a decision asap. Take your time. There are pros and cons to both surgeries. Tell your neurosurgeon to hold on while you make this very important decision!