MVD Surgery gave us our lives back!

Before this surgery one year ago, May 4/ 2012 we were living a nightmare!! My husband had been suffering with TN for 10 years. Our whole family was affected as his entire personality changed over the years. He was dozy from the drugs and irritable from the pain. We have 5 children and care for our elderly parents. He was on the maximum dose of several medications that were no longer effective!!! Several times an hour he was jolted with pain so intense that he would drop to the floor.
I was completely helpless!! Nothing I could do or say could make a difference!! I could only watch as, the man I love, would curl into the fetal position on the floor, clutching his head with tears in his eyes!! I would be in tears and the kids would be bawling!!! He was depressed and I started to worry that he might decide to end his life.
At this point I decided that NO ONE DESERVES to live this way!!! I started doing research and found a surgeon in our area that does MVD. He had a two year waiting list!! Our family doctor called their offices several times a week until they agreed to see us!!!
A few months later ( the longest months of our lives!!) he had his surgery!!! When he woke up from the surgery the pain was completely gone!!! It took about six weeks to wean him off the meds he was on.
He has been pain free for a year now!! His wonderful personality has come back and I found the man that I fell in love with and married!! We were given back our lives!!
This is a terrible affliction that affects a person’s well being and their family and friends. My heart goes out to those that are suffering and to those considering this surgery, I highly reccomend that you give it a try!!

Yeah! another good story!

I know many of us will have to have 2nd MVDs -

and I'd rather do that someday than be on the floor again feeling like your hubby did.

I live 98% pain free today.

1.5 years later

Yes, there is always that fear in the back of our minds that it will come back, but we are enjoying every pain free minute!!!

Kc Dancer Kc said:

Yeah! another good story!

I know many of us will have to have 2nd MVDs -

and I’d rather do that someday than be on the floor again feeling like your hubby did.

I live 98% pain free today.

1.5 years later