Mimi, LoriB, Cris, and Shindig

Mimi is doing so good, LoriB had her surgery last Tuesday, Cris had hers Friday and Shindig is today. I hope someone updates us on LoriB, Cris, and Shindig. I pray they are doing as good as Mimi. If any of their family and friends see this, please update us on their conditions. We love them and want to know. Much love to all of you!

Thanks for that Donna did not realize Lori B also had surgery I knew about Mimi, Cris and Shindig. I have not seen any update on Cris either. Hope Lori and Cris are doing well and wish them speedy and positive recoveries for a Pain Free life. All deserve prayers and hope as they begin their new lives.

My Best to Lori B, Cris, Mimi and Shindig

Joanne xoxo

Did all of them have surgery in Winnipeg with Dr.Kaufmann?

Hi Donna, I know you dont know me but my name is Kimburlee. I returned to this site when my Tn came back after being in remission for a year. I was diagnosed December 2011. When my tn came back I was reffered to a neurosurgeon by my neurologist very fast and the next thing I knew is that I was having surgery in a week. That was on April 1st!! The reason I am writing you is that I think it is impt. for me to share my success so that it might encourage others! I am so glad I did have the surgery. I feel strong and tn is gone. the only side effects I have now are that I do get a little weak, a little and I mean very little blurred vision and I have ringing in right ear which may be fluid in my ear. I go to my reg dr. on thursday. That is all.Thank you Lord! O anyway, I have been following others and I hope and pray for their success and so appreciate them sharing their stories. This is a terrible illness and pray for knowledge and wisdom to abound in this area so that all will get help. Meanwhile I hope this encourages someone. Blessings to all!

So many people having MVD's lately. I am still on the fence about my surgery. I am so happy for you all for making the decision and getting relief.

Positive thoughts always,

Smash

No - I think just Mimi -- others here have used him - just coincidence

Patty said:

Did all of them have surgery in Winnipeg with Dr.Kaufmann?

Thank you for that kimburlee! I LOVE hearing the success stories! I know there is a possibility of it coming back and having to re-do the MVD, but I would THINK it would be worth it if you get a few good years. I have not had surgery yet. My neurosurgeon and I decided that when I can't "grin" anymore, then it's time. But right now, the 1200mg Carbamazepine is holding my TN away for the most part. I still have tingly/burning/crawling feelings and a few stabs, but not severe. It is good to see these stories because it helps me to have faith that it will work when I DO get mine done!

kimburlee said:

Hi Donna, I know you dont know me but my name is Kimburlee. I returned to this site when my Tn came back after being in remission for a year. I was diagnosed December 2011. When my tn came back I was reffered to a neurosurgeon by my neurologist very fast and the next thing I knew is that I was having surgery in a week. That was on April 1st!! The reason I am writing you is that I think it is impt. for me to share my success so that it might encourage others! I am so glad I did have the surgery. I feel strong and tn is gone. the only side effects I have now are that I do get a little weak, a little and I mean very little blurred vision and I have ringing in right ear which may be fluid in my ear. I go to my reg dr. on thursday. That is all.Thank you Lord! O anyway, I have been following others and I hope and pray for their success and so appreciate them sharing their stories. This is a terrible illness and pray for knowledge and wisdom to abound in this area so that all will get help. Meanwhile I hope this encourages someone. Blessings to all!

I'm so happy for you shindig! Now don't go getting too cocky and try to do to much just because you feel so good. You STILL need to rest and take care of yourself for a few weeks. Now that your girl has joined up, we will tell her to get on you! :-D Take care of yourself!

shindig said:

My surgeon was Daniel Lazar in NW hospital here in Seattle. He's amazing....trained at Stanford, teaches at University of WA. My neurologist is at the same location, name is Marc Kirschner and he's the best doctor I've ever met on a personal level. He was trained in the military, taught neurology at Yale, and currently professor at UW as well with almost 30 years experience.

I feel great and had my MVD yesterday!!!