I live in a state where medical marijuana is legal. My PCP suggested I was suffering from "polypharmacy" and I agreed with him -- Lots of meds, lots of brain fog zombie like days, little relief. He suggested Medical Marijuana and I was a bit surprised. Thought it over for a month, said yes, waited two months for the state to process my paper work and now I'm 10 days into this experiment. My neurologist agreed that it could be useful.
I have tons to say about it, but I'll stay focused here on TN.
I've had post-infectious trigeminal neuropathy for over two years -- pretty much daily pain in the right side of my face, all branches of the nerve. I also have nerve pain in my arm and ribs, which remain undiagnosed -- but I believe to be the same problem but with different nerves. I also have muscle spasms in my upper back and neck which are related to the neuropathy.
So -- I've tried capsules with plant extract pretty much daily. I'm having good success with the nerve pain -- which has been greatly minimized. The muscle spasms not so much. Help with sleeping (I also have PTSD) has been a work in progress.
What I've learned:
* each person has their own threshold of the amount that will affect them - -personally my threshold is very low and that's a good thing since it costs money
* consuming orally takes time to work: 1-2 hours, and can last a long time 6-24 hours depending on what you have taken
* smoking takes effect in 1-15 minutes and lasts 1-2 hours.
* There are various products with ratios of CBD and THC. Both work on inflammation and nerve pain, but CBD has little to no psychoactive component (no high). CBD blocks the psychoactive aspect of THC, so if you have a cannabis product that has more CBD than THC you can get the benefits of both without getting too high.
* there is a salve with cannabis in it that works beautifully to turn down the pain dial on my nerves -- it requires patience, and doesn't seem to work solo for me -- but with a CBD capsule in my system completely turns off the dial.
If there are others here who have used MMJ with or without success I'd like to here some details of what exactly worked -- what form of consumption, what breeds, what CBD/THC ratios.
If there are others here who haven't an have questions -- I'm happy to answer them (I think anyway)
Praying this doesn't explode after I hit send.