Making It Through A Work Day

I was wondering how does anyone make it through a work day?

I am currently on 1200mg per day of Tegretol and even though I am exhausted all the time, I DO manage to work full-time. Before I was diagnosed, I was off work a lot going to the dentist thinking it was my tooth. When I WAS here, I dreaded talking to customers. It was very hard. IDK how I did it, but I did.

I’m working full time and have been for most of the 2 years that I’ve been dealing with TN. I just do each day the best I can. First I had a hard time talking, etc because of the pain. Now I am dealing with the side effects from my meds. Some days are better than others. If you have somewhere you can take a break when it gets bad, that may help.

I was wondering the same thing. I was just diagnosed two weeks ago. I’m having a hard time talking, and I’m so exhausted from the meds.

When I was first put on Tegretol I had slurred speeched and was quite drowsy. I am at week two and have managed the side effects. Me, work, and meds are getting along much better. I can feel pain minimally. On a scale of 1 to 10, I am somewhere around a 1 or 2. So last week I was in a good place. Today is different story, I am at a 5 on my pain scale. I am managing it as best I can. Thank you for chiming on on this blog. It helps me to know there are others trying to make it through a work day.

Some days are unbearable. When I am having a bad attack and someone is talking to me I can hardly answer. It hurts to even talk. I just want to crawl up in a ball and cry. I am so frustrated some days I just want to stay home and try to feel normal. Nobody understands how bad this can be and trying to fake feeling normal is exhausting. The pain controls every thing I do.