Ladies: Is putting your hair up an impossible task?

I've noticed that when I put my hair up in a pony-tail or something it's unbearable!! It seems to increase the burning ache on the side of my head.

It's a silly lady issue, but it's kinda crappy that I won't really be able to wear my hair up anymore.

Light burns my eyes like a thousand suns, so I wear sunglasses. When my head hurts too much to brush, I add a scarf tied a la Audrey Hepburn/Grace Kelly style. I'm aiming for retro chic, but sometimes I'm too tired to put in the right amount of effort. Consequently, a few of my neighbors now think I'm Muslim. As a super-mega-hyper-gay person who grew up in Baptist Church, going to Catholic school, this amuses me to no end so I just have fun with it. Sometimes I add a Slayer or AC/DC shirt for giggles. This was a "good" day a few months ago.

543-audrey1.jpg (50.8 KB)

It's not silly at all! I feel the same way about makeup and hair. I can't wear makeup anymore and it really hurts me, makes me feel less feminine and a lot of people don't understand that. About the hair thing, I have to wear my hair up because if it is down, it touches my face. I used to never to wear it up, always HATED ponytails.

Good news though.... whatever changes you have to make, you will get used to it, eventually, you will just have to adapt.

Good luck and good health to you!

-Aimee

Haha Audrey, glad to know TN has not damaged your sense of humour! xx

I can't relate to pulling my hair back because it is short now. The blow dryer is my killer. The noise sends the shooters up my face. I've given up make up. I'd like to find the person who can put mascara on without resting your finger on your cheek. And besides, blush looks uneven when it is only on one side. I can relate to Aimee on the face thing. My days of big earrings are over.

I get up and get dressed as if I am going out ever day. Even though my social life consists of doctors, therapists, acupuncture, etc. I am adapting and "will" continue to do so.

I just spit my coffee all over the screen laughing at your comment, you are fabulous!! Thanks for a much needed laugh!

I never had a trigger, so I was able to pull my hair back in a ponytail, I feel for all of you that have facial triggers, that has to suck so bad

Wendy

spicywolf said:

Light burns my eyes like a thousand suns, so I wear sunglasses. When my head hurts too much to brush, I add a scarf tied a la Audrey Hepburn/Grace Kelly style. I'm aiming for retro chic, but sometimes I'm too tired to put in the right amount of effort. Consequently, a few of my neighbors now think I'm Muslim. As a super-mega-hyper-gay person who grew up in Baptist Church, going to Catholic school, this amuses me to no end so I just have fun with it. Sometimes I add a Slayer or AC/DC shirt for giggles. This was a "good" day a few months ago.

I think it's because a different branch of my trigeminal nerve is affected...It's a specific part of the mandibular branch that runs parallel to my ear. It's super atypical since it was caused by trauma.

My pain is here in the red circle:

It make putting my hair up an impossibly painful experience. Once I have my hair in a ponytail holder, it just burns and aches since the hair and scalp are being pulled back... I guess.

not at all silly! every time I try to put my hair up in a clip I get frustrated b/c it starts to hurt precisely where you describe. yet one more thing to deal with, right? this is particularly maddening when you’re having a hot flash…