Kava for stress

http://www.eclecticphysician.com/homeopathic-remedy-appropriate-for-nerve-pain/

i have kava kava root extract it does work pretty well for calming me down a bit. taking the edge off otherwise i take my ativan for anxiety

I can vouch for the effectiveness of kava powder. In fact, I find it hard to believe it can be purchased at all. It feels to me the same as the qualities of clonazepam or baclofen...working to relax the muscles and calm the mind from anxieties. I took a few teaspoons, put it in a cheesecloth bag, and soaked it in a bowl of warm water. The bag can be squeezed to help the steeping process. I steeped the bag for about 30 mins. Drinking it is a lot like drinking dirt water, just tastes very earthy and not unpleasant at all. The result comes quickly, bringing total body relaxation and a kind of euphoric clarity. The only problem I experienced were horrible, vivid nightmares and a kind of sleep paralysis when I wanted to wake myself up.

If you're not familiar with sleep paralysis, look it up. It can be terrifying if you haven't experienced it. It amounts to your consciousness waking up before your body has become responsive to brain signals allowing movement. You feel alert but cannot move physically. You wait it out, trying to move a finger or your head. It's terrifying because you experience fear from being immobile while alert, and if you're not calm and patient you can really work yourself up to a panic.

I would try it again but in very small doses. It didn't eradicate my pain, but calms you so it's easier to handle. Other than the sleep disturbances, I didn't have any bad reactions to it.

Oh my God ive had that happen several times Colleen not from kava but its awful I always just thought it was my anxiety disorder

It is nasty, I hate it. I get it a couple times a year and dread it. There are whole studies and websites about it. I was glad to find out I wasn't the only one. People have been describing it for centuries. I usually come out of it screaming but of course can't make any sounds at first and keep trying til my voice comes out.

jstagrl29 said:

Oh my God ive had that happen several times Colleen not from kava but its awful I always just thought it was my anxiety disorder