When I am having a very very bad and painful attack my husband injects me with Panamor or Voltaren anti-inflammatory and Trammasette pain injections. This is only in last resort situations. My GP used to do it and then a nurse in the area but when it became impossible to always reach them our GP taught my husband how to do the injections. It is usually effective.