Has anyone felt movement under pain strike?

I'm new here. Just diagnosed with TN in May 2015.

I have had 2 not so bad episodes of quick stabbing pain in my left cheek in the last 18 months or so and didn't think much about it.

Then last month I had another not so bad stabbing pain in my left cheek and then an hour later I had another longer more painful stabbing pain there. When I reached up and put my hand on the pain I actually felt movement and the pain changed to a burning pain which radiated outward. When I took my hand away the pain slowly went away. That's when I went to my Dr. and found out I had TN.

So have any of you actually felt movement with a strike like that before?

Thanks, Cindy

No, I haven’t, but that’s interesting. I’ll have to pay attention when it happens and see if I can feel anything.

I hope you are having a no pain or low pain day.

I get muscle spasms around my eye with my ATN sometimes. Could that be the movement you felt? It is like a fluttering or stronger can feel like a little contraction.

Thanks Jasmine. It was weird.

Jasmine said:
No, I haven't, but that's interesting. I'll have to pay attention when it happens and see if I can feel anything.

I hope you are having a no pain or low pain day.

No JustJane it didn’t feel like that.

justjane37 said:

I get muscle spasms around my eye with my ATN sometimes. Could that be the movement you felt? It is like a fluttering or stronger can feel like a little contraction.