Excessive sleep?

Does anyone else sleep all day? I am finding myself sleeping all day long. There is no way that I can even function. I will start to study or read and all the sudden I HAVE to sleep. My naps are 3 hours long.

I should admit I cycle. Some days I have so much energy that I can't hold still... other days, I can't function. I don't know whether this is the condition, or the medication.

I didn't think it was the meds because this is so different from when I was on Tegretol. With that, I never had an "up" cycle, it was flat out zombie.

Just trying to figure this thing out and how to push through it... I need to push through it.

I usually wait until noon to take the first of three four hundred mg of Nuerontin. And i try to exercise before moon . This gives me a chance to get somethimg accomplished. Have you tried rearranging your meds in any way?

I have messed with them by two hours each way of when I take them... there is no way I could wait until noon, unless my last dose was about 4 in the morning. Unfortunately, if I don't take my meds on time, then I pay for it later in the day.

I take two, sometimes three (on a migraine morning) meds in the am, then add nuerontin with them at noon. The problem is if there is more than 1200 mg of nuerontin in my system in a 24 hr period, i will not be able to walk easily due to joint pain. Before bedtime, amytriptene not only helps me sleep well, but lingers in my system allowing me to wait until noon (on most days). Over the last decade I’ve been able to mix and match meds, as the doc recommended, until the sweet spot was found (if you can really call it sweet!). I guess with pain control as the goal, it’s good to have it comtrolled, but very hard sometimes to work through the side effects. Take care, Lisa, my friend :slight_smile:

Lisa (iamrite) said:

I have messed with them by two hours each way of when I take them… there is no way I could wait until noon, unless my last dose was about 4 in the morning. Unfortunately, if I don’t take my meds on time, then I pay for it later in the day.

i can only tell you that part of mine is depression, some meds, neuropathy. when i discovered i might not have a dr. for plastic surgery, i retreated. i also have pressure under the lids causing nodding out. i guess its neuropathy and depression. you can push out of it.

I used to take naps all the time, but now that I've been on so many meds for so long, I can't fall asleep to take a nap. Not even if I take sleeping pills. I wish I still could nap, as that's the only time I'm not in pain. Fortunately, my nightly sleep schedule has not been disrupted.

Is that why I like my bed so much. I didnt realize you pain was constant. Did you get the stent. still taking walks? would a hug help? san diego is beautiful. you have great weather.

Yes, Elaine, I am still using the stent. And I am slowly having more periods of no pain, so I feel I'm heading in the right direction.

I'm still taking the walks, which helps -- it's one of the few things that gets me out of the house. And yes, the San Diego weather is great, and does help. I almost turned on the AC today!

do you think the stent is the cause for the improvement. it doesnt matter because better is still better. i would have moved to california in a heartbeat but the real estate is unreal. We always have the air on. Thats South Florida. the house we bought is on a -man made lake , but its lovely and i am a planter. sunlight and color are uplifting. It helps and we will extend the lanai-fancy patio word. We lucked out on a resale. some people have built pools or jacuzzis to help with medical issues. I am grateful for that.

Got out for birthday dinner and that was uplifting. Ill try to get to michaels. I bead or refurbrish old items. You are the welcome committee here. Its a nice quality!

Im still hoping that one of the oculars will take this on. Thank you and all the others for the birthday greeting. Lots of hugs to all.