Ever have unrelated trauma set off an attack?

Strange thing happened to me last week. I cut my hand. Should have taken a stitch or two but I'm tired of the ER, felt good that day, had plans so I threw a few butterfly bandaids on it, got the bleeding under control and went on my way.

The cut was reasonably deep. I imagine I hit a couple nerves along with the blood vessels. Roughly half hour after I cut it I had a major attack.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen? Do you think having trauma to the nerves in my hand set off my system in general triggering an attack? That's my theory, what are your thoughts?

Elaine

Elaine, I wonder if the adrenaline rush set it off. My BP being raised definitely does me no good. Just a thought!

I never thought of either - adrenaline or change in BP. I did bleed enough that at one point I felt very weak and thought I was close to fainting. I imagine there must have been a change in BP. Very interesting. Thanks
Jackie said:

Elaine, I wonder if the adrenaline rush set it off. My BP being raised definitely does me no good. Just a thought!

My adrenaline definitely triggers attacks. The doctors even think that a huge rush of adrenaline sparked my first attack. I take adivan when my nerves increase my adrenaline to ward of an attack. That and I try to live stress free. lol