Does anyone have issues with fainting and/or racing heart?

I’ve had issues with fainting in the past both pre-surgery and now that my GPN has returned. Lately, I’ve been having issues with my heart racing. Today my resting heart rate was 140.

I’m wondering if any of you have one or both of these issues? If so, what do/did you do to deal with it? I’m finding a lack of information (nothing new of course).

Hi Hmschmom - check out the discussions on Eagles Syndrome there was an earlier discussion around racing heart and calcified styloid process. You may find it helpful.

Smiley.

Hi hmschmom!

I'm so sorry that you have the same issue аs me, love.
Yes, my heart is racing like a frightened rabbit heart! I was taken to A&E several times because of this. I was diagnosed with a Tachycardia and with something else. I can't remember now, I need to check my papers, but it wasn't serious. It wasn't right either, though.
Their verdict was : "You're probably worried about something, or stressed?"
Well, of course, I'm! I'm stressed because I live for 7 years in this pain with no relief at all and no one gives a toss about it!
But, guys, this isn't a cause for a crazy heart rate. We all experience stress on the daily basis. This how the life is.
And it does not affect the heart rate!
No, the cause is different. But what the real cause of it - that's a question without answer. Rhetoric, like almost everything that is related to our disease.

Lots of love!

Ann xx

Thanks Smiley, the Styloid Process was something that was checked my first go around and was clear. Maybe I should have it checked again.

annable said:

Hi hmschmom!

I'm so sorry that you have the same issue аs me, love.
Yes, my heart is racing like a frightened rabbit heart! I was taken to A&E several times because of this. I was diagnosed with a Tachycardia and with something else. I can't remember now, I need to check my papers, but it wasn't serious. It wasn't right either, though.
Their verdict was : "You're probably worried about something, or stressed?"
Well, of course, I'm! I'm stressed because I live for 7 years in this pain with no relief at all and no one gives a toss about it!
But, guys, this isn't a cause for a crazy heart rate. We all experience stress on the daily basis. This how the life is.
And it does not affect the heart rate!
No, the cause is different. But what the real cause of it - that's a question without answer. Rhetoric, like almost everything that is related to our disease.

Lots of love!

Ann xx

Annabele it sounds like your Vagus Nerve might be affected too. It’s a real rollercoaster ride for me and scary as ____. I’ve stopped driving, I just don’t feel safe. I hate the ‘you must be stressed’ diagnosis. The first time when my doctor sent me to the ER it happened to be around 9/11 and that was all they could focus on.

Love

hmschmom, perservere, go to your gp and ask for a referral. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.

All the best, Smiley:)