Dentist Visit

Hi Family! Has anyone had a filling partial come out on the same side as the TN pain and what do you recommend about going to the dentist. I'm not in pain from it, but I'm sure at some point the pain may come.

I would get it filled before a cavity sets in!!!

Get sedated if you have to in order to get it filled--get a prescription from dentist to take before hand - or get extra lidocaine, or get laughing gas perhaps

You may be able to get it filled with no novacaine if it's just a small filling still-- the shots scare me more than the filling

Even since my MVD - had a shot on that side and had taken hydrocodone JUST in case the hour beforehand. Had my son drive me.

I agree take some pain killer before hand and get it taken care of. Or it will become a real problem. I also use nitrous for any dental work but many dentists no longer offer it. I do this even if it's just a cleaning. I'm more than willing to pay for the extra attention. if you do use nitrous make sure you have a full stomach or it will make you sick.

Thanks for your suggestion…I will try to find a dentist who is familiar with TN.

Diitto

tkal said:

I agree take some pain killer before hand and get it taken care of. Or it will become a real problem. I also use nitrous for any dental work but many dentists no longer offer it. I do this even if it’s just a cleaning. I’m more than willing to pay for the extra attention. if you do use nitrous make sure you have a full stomach or it will make you sick.