Dangerous? TN and Needing Multiple Litocaine shots for dental work

I have a question i need some help with. Im halfway through full mouth reconstruction, so i still have months left of my dentist doing work on my teeth witch require getting litocaine shots to numb me. IF YOU HAVE TN IS IT DANGEROUS TO KEEP GETTING SHOTS IN THE MOUTH? Someone told me that it was, and to get the least amount of shots as possible. I know my TN is getting worse the more i do on my mouth, but i know correlation does not mean causation. I just want to make sure im not putting myself in danger by having all these shots done, especially because im starting to feel new kids of attacks...any responses, opinions, and experiences will help me greatly. For example i never really had tingeling pulsing shooting around in my face until i had my last oral surgery. I feel like something went wrong bc i know what its like to get a shot and when he gave me the shot i screamed and jumped out of my chair.

Jen, those shots would be welcome right now to take away my pain. In extreme crisis I call my next door neighbour who is my dentist, an expert in his field, who actually diagnosed TN because stupid docs did not, anyway he gives me an injection which enables me to get to the hospital/neurologist and be able to talk.

But my advice is to ask your neurologist, dental work/nerves are all connected. get advise and send the injections to me LOL

marine said:

Jen, those shots would be welcome right now to take away my pain. In extreme crisis I call my next door neighbour who is my dentist, an expert in his field, who actually diagnosed TN because stupid docs did not, anyway he gives me an injection which enables me to get to the hospital/neurologist and be able to talk.

But my advice is to ask your neurologist, dental work/nerves are all connected. get advise and send the injections to me LOL

haha i would love to, you wanna get the rest of my dental work done for me? lol,! ive prob had well over 100 shots to the mouth in the past year... I just wanna make sure there not doing any more damage thats already done!

marine said:

Hi,

I'm not sure if lidocaine shots are bad for the trigeminal nerve, but I learnt from my immunologist that numbing shots can be bad for the tempomandibular joint if a patient has too many of them (how many, I don't know). At the same time, if you're getting work done in your mouth you don't have many choices - it's just shots or being put under, I'm not sure which one is better or worse.

Take care,

Oli

If you have concerns for the number of Lidocaine shots required to provide adequate dental anesthesia, then you might want to explore Nitrous Oxide as a twilight anesthesia. Not all dentists administer it,but a larger practice may make it available on site.

Regards, Red

Hi, there was something on T.V. here I Australia a wile back, about no more needles at the dentist! It was on a current affairs show I think. But I did not watch it. It was new technology & was promoted as pain free. Maybe if you google it you might have some luck. Sorry, I can’t help much more than that.

In Australia, a while back. Darn predictive text!