Craniopathy?

I’m fairly new to tn and am always searching for answers. Has anyone ever hear of this and does it work?

Hi, the more you learn,

the faster you can feel better......learn what we should and should not try.... Craniopathy is not on the list.

Get the book : Striking Back: By Dr. Ken Casey

Many options holistic and eastern and western medicine treatments....

Can help, but only a handful can give you remission.

Read, learn, ask, repeat!

Welcome!

I also commented on your page for some extra tips!

Hi, Craniopathy is not a medical procedure, it just means a disorder (pathy) in the cranium (skull, especially the part covering the brain). So it is unfortunately, not an answer, just a problem! We'll have to keep searching. Good luck.

Thank you. I’m still looking for some sort of remission. Hopefully we’ll not only find one but maybe even a cure. I’m so grateful for this support group. It’s helped me so much w/ this horrific disease.

My husband is an Osteopathic Physician with specialty training in Cranial Osteopathy. He has treated several people suffering with TN, using cranial manipulation and while he has not yet "cured" someone's condition, he has successfully reduced their pain and discomfort, often times reducing their experience of pain from a 10 (most extreme) down to a 2 or 3. In many of these cases, the patients have found that this treatment provided far more relief than what they received from taking the various medications and with zero side effects. Often times, the patient may have to come back when their TN flares up, they get a treatment with cranial manipulation and this keeps them pretty good for another several weeks-a few months. If you can find the right doctor, Osteopathic manipulation and cranial treatments are covered by most health insurance. Unfortunately however, most traditional Osteopathic Physicians are cash based. My husband is one of the few that take insurance. Anyway, hope this helps! All the best!

Thank-you for that Ashira, but I am intrigued as to what it is that he 'manipulates'? I'm no medic but the only joint I can think of is the TMJ, or is he 'massaging' the scalp. It would be very useful to have a little more explanation/understanding, if you would please. Many thanks and good wishes.

Ashira said:

My husband is an Osteopathic Physician with specialty training in Cranial Osteopathy. He has treated several people suffering with TN, using cranial manipulation and while he has not yet "cured" someone's condition, he has successfully reduced their pain and discomfort, often times reducing their experience of pain from a 10 (most extreme) down to a 2 or 3. In many of these cases, the patients have found that this treatment provided far more relief than what they received from taking the various medications and with zero side effects. Often times, the patient may have to come back when their TN flares up, they get a treatment with cranial manipulation and this keeps them pretty good for another several weeks-a few months. If you can find the right doctor, Osteopathic manipulation and cranial treatments are covered by most health insurance. Unfortunately however, most traditional Osteopathic Physicians are cash based. My husband is one of the few that take insurance. Anyway, hope this helps! All the best!

Osteopathy actually takes the whole person and the whole body into consideration. You'd be surprised what a little alignment issue in your sacrum could cause in the way of headaches! I think it would be great to be evaluated by an Osteopath in general but in re: to Cranial Osteopathy, the theory of treatment lies primarily with the cranial motion and the sacrum. The cranial bones actual do have some movement to them between the sutures. The theory is that perhaps due to dental work or orthodontics or traumatic birth or accident or bumping your head, things can get "locked up" and the gentle manipulation of the cranial bones can help relieve the areas that might be "stuck". Osteopathy borders "alternative" in some ways however, Osteopathic Physicians are traditionally trained in medicine and do the same residencies and exams as MD trained Drs, they just also have the added skills of using their hands to help diagnose and manipulate the musculoskeletal system. Do some research on Cranial Osteopathy. It's been around for years and years and predated "Cranial-Sacral Therapy", which is done by a certified practitioner rather than an actual physician.

I get treated by an upper cervical chiropractor. Is that similar? When I’m out of alignment he has me lye on my left side and just uses moderate pressure for about a second. Works great for me.

There is an organization called the Cranial Academy, http://www.cranialacademy.com/agreement.html

You can use this search feature to find a Physician who does Cranial Osteopathy in your area. I'd call first and inquire about their experience with TN.

Best of luck!

That is very interesting Ashira (I had always understood the cranial bones had fused between the sutures by adulthood, but, perhaps even a miniscule movement can be achieved and have a more than miniscule effect). I began with a tooth issue after root canal (still under NHS investigation after 3 years!), I have 3 mild cervical disc protrusions and sacro-iliac pain, so I shall definitely be investigating this treatment if the MRI shows no abnormality (and even if it does). Thank you very much for all the additional information.

Ashira said:

Osteopathy actually takes the whole person and the whole body into consideration. You'd be surprised what a little alignment issue in your sacrum could cause in the way of headaches! I think it would be great to be evaluated by an Osteopath in general but in re: to Cranial Osteopathy, the theory of treatment lies primarily with the cranial motion and the sacrum. The cranial bones actual do have some movement to them between the sutures. The theory is that perhaps due to dental work or orthodontics or traumatic birth or accident or bumping your head, things can get "locked up" and the gentle manipulation of the cranial bones can help relieve the areas that might be "stuck". Osteopathy borders "alternative" in some ways however, Osteopathic Physicians are traditionally trained in medicine and do the same residencies and exams as MD trained Drs, they just also have the added skills of using their hands to help diagnose and manipulate the musculoskeletal system. Do some research on Cranial Osteopathy. It's been around for years and years and predated "Cranial-Sacral Therapy", which is done by a certified practitioner rather than an actual physician.

I'm happy I could help. Take Care and hope you are able to find some relief!

I have had treatments from an Osteopath which helped me but only very short term (ie 2 - 3 days). It was interesting that he found my left side (TN side) was out of synch all the way down my body and did some work down the whole of the left side. It is definately worth a try as you may find it helps for longer than I did (I did go back about 10 times over a few months).

Dove said:

That is very interesting Ashira (I had always understood the cranial bones had fused between the sutures by adulthood, but, perhaps even a miniscule movement can be achieved and have a more than miniscule effect). I began with a tooth issue after root canal (still under NHS investigation after 3 years!), I have 3 mild cervical disc protrusions and sacro-iliac pain, so I shall definitely be investigating this treatment if the MRI shows no abnormality (and even if it does). Thank you very much for all the additional information.

Ashira said: