Chiropractors

Has anyone had any success using a chiropractor to treat TN?

Hi Max
Yes I’ve had amazing results using a chiropratic … Mine problem is mechanical… When I had my first episode of TN it affected my ear side of the right side of my face lips tongue sharp electric like shocks … The chiropractic was pretty much my last hope … He gave me free consultation to see if he could help … After examining me he said my neck was so stuck
And seized up he would have been surprised if I didn’t have TN …after freeing up my neck which took a few months the pain disappear and I was off meds
12 years later I have had about 6/7 flare ups all bought on my straining my neck and stress … None have been as servere as the first mainly the pain shots through my lower teeth right hand side … This has been my longest episode but I have had a tremendous amount of stress and a injury at yoga
I do see the chiropractic every 5/6 weeks but when in flare a lot more often
I also see a nutritionist and remedial therapist … I’ve worked in mental health for thirty years as a counsellor and know the benefit of nutrition when dealing with stress /anxiety /panic so nutritionist so important we all know this pain aggravated by stress and whatever stress your under before is bad enough add the horrendous pain this causes the adrenals take a awful knock
Love and light Lynn

Very interesting Lynn.

Thanks for your insight.

Pepsilynn said:

Hi Max
Yes I've had amazing results using a chiropratic ..... Mine problem is mechanical..... When I had my first episode of TN it affected my ear side of the right side of my face lips tongue sharp electric like shocks .... The chiropractic was pretty much my last hope ..... He gave me free consultation to see if he could help ..... After examining me he said my neck was so stuck
And seized up he would have been surprised if I didn't have TN ...after freeing up my neck which took a few months the pain disappear and I was off meds
12 years later I have had about 6/7 flare ups all bought on my straining my neck and stress .... None have been as servere as the first mainly the pain shots through my lower teeth right hand side ..... This has been my longest episode but I have had a tremendous amount of stress and a injury at yoga
I do see the chiropractic every 5/6 weeks but when in flare a lot more often
I also see a nutritionist and remedial therapist ..... I've worked in mental health for thirty years as a counsellor and know the benefit of nutrition when dealing with stress /anxiety /panic so nutritionist so important we all know this pain aggravated by stress and whatever stress your under before is bad enough add the horrendous pain this causes the adrenals take a awful knock
Love and light Lynn

Don’t go to a chiropractor! They’re unqualified to treat tn! Been there, done that, all it left me with was worse pain and a few herniated discs in my neck. Took months of PT to fix it. Thank god my MD saw what was happening and ordered an MRI and suggested I stop seeing the chiropractor before worse damage was done. And there is also an unsettling link between upper cervical chiropractic and a particular type of stroke. They’re studying it currently.

You do understand the type of vigorous manipulations and atlas adjustments linked to the incidence of arterial dissection or "chiropractic stroke" are NOT endorse by any chiropractic association anywhere................ Every profession has its quacks.

Mind you I am by no means endorsing chiropractic. But its does have a place for some very specific circumstances. We kill more people with pharmeceuticals than anything else

rblair said:

Don't go to a chiropractor! They're unqualified to treat tn! Been there, done that, all it left me with was worse pain and a few herniated discs in my neck. Took months of PT to fix it. Thank god my MD saw what was happening and ordered an MRI and suggested I stop seeing the chiropractor before worse damage was done. And there is also an unsettling link between upper cervical chiropractic and a particular type of stroke. They're studying it currently.