Burning cheek and right side of face and head

i’m 6 1/2 weeks out from my MVD surgery. Does anyone else have all of the numbness on the one side Of your head…even my school gets numb. the red burning cheek which is so sensitive just like before and I’m having problems with that one eye I know they had to do some extra work when they got down to the surgery and lots of things got moved around and bruised my doctor said. I no longer put lidocaine for any other irritant on my face, nothing helps
. I’m also experiencing numbness in my teeth and can’t taste my food. Is anybody else having these problems or is it just me. Help!

I just had my mvd surgery 2 weeks ago and am experiencing numbness of the left side of my face, 1/2 of my teeth teeth, 1/2 of my tongue, and part of my scalp. I'm not having any problems with my eyes, though. Just some burning/tingling of my lips and tongue. It always feels like I have chapped lips and am constantly putting on chap stick, even though I don't really need to. Can you not taste your food at all? I noticed a difference with that at first, but I think that I've grown accustomed to it by now, as everything tastes normal again.

cooleye said:

I just had my mvd surgery 2 weeks ago and am experiencing numbness of the left side of my face, 1/2 of my teeth, 1/2 of my tongue, and part of my scalp. I'm not having any problems with my eyes, though. Just some burning/tingling of my lips and tongue. It always feels like I have chapped lips and am constantly putting on chap stick, even though I don't really need to. Can you not taste your food at all? I noticed a difference with that at first, but I think that I've grown accustomed to it by now, as everything tastes normal again.

I am going through the same thing still. My dentist gave me an antibacterial mouthwash to use twice daily because of the gums and teeth I am trying to eat but sometimes it’s really hard and I have lost 13 pounds. I’m sure a lot of that is from surgery and all the garbage they had me on before we went through this. Still hanging in there and hoping that some of this pain goes away soon. At least I don’t have that god awful train wreck going through my body every 10 Second, now will just have to wait until the inflammation all goes down. I am down to advil though a couple of times a day but still need my meds.

I haven't had a MVD. But I am partially numb on the right side of my face from TN. Also, I did have Gamma knife Surgery done in 2008. As a result, my tongue went numb on the right side & I lost the taste. I just eat slower. I hope yours comes back for you.

Min

Min said:

I haven't had a MVD. But I am partially numb on the right side of my face from TN. Also, I did have Gamma knife Surgery done in 2008. As a result, my tongue went numb on the right side & I lost the taste. I just eat slower. I hope yours comes back for you.

Min

I had gamma knife two years ago and was elated as I had no problems. However it had caused scar tissue which had to be removed before they could go into do the MVD. I understand only a low percentage of us will get the scar tissue, but it has done its share of causing pain.