At end of rope

can not swallow which means can’t drink to even take pills with out unbarab pain no food in 3 days side of tounge throbbing and burining with side of face on600 mg Gabapentin 3 time day,300 carbamazepine 3time day,diazepam 5mg twice day went to gp because don’t see new Nero for 2 more week and he gave me OxyCon/apap5-325 every 6. Hours helps with burning any suggestions

Hi Paullover,

I don't know what to suggest but I am sorry you are in so much pain. I don't have problems with my throat but I do with my teeth, gums and tongue. It is pure hell. Have you tried supplement drinks like Ensure? Or smoothies or pureeing food. My mom is on a liquid diet and has been for years. She makes homemade soups and puts them through the bullet.

I'm sure you have tried everything but you need to eat. It breaks my heart to hear of someone in such dire pain. Have you tried Lidocaine?

Just throwing suggestions out there.

I am wishing you pain free--or at least tolerable--days ahead.

Jane

Thank u today has been better I do drink ensure when I take my meds try to make sure I don’t dehydrate.have dr aptt on 22 won’t come soon enought.hope to talk again soon

justjane37 said:

Hi Paullover,

I don’t know what to suggest but I am sorry you are in so much pain. I don’t have problems with my throat but I do with my teeth, gums and tongue. It is pure hell. Have you tried supplement drinks like Ensure? Or smoothies or pureeing food. My mom is on a liquid diet and has been for years. She makes homemade soups and puts them through the bullet.

I’m sure you have tried everything but you need to eat. It breaks my heart to hear of someone in such dire pain. Have you tried Lidocaine?

Just throwing suggestions out there.

I am wishing you pain free–or at least tolerable–days ahead.

Jane

Hi Paullover! How awful for you! I have had ATN x23yrs and the only thing that really helped me was Homeopathy. I take Swansons Earache relief,Swanson Migraine relief,Swansons Nerve Pain Relief and add Boiron Sinusalia when needed because sinus problems impact the TN. They also have Coffea Cruda and Chamomilla for toothaches so that may help the mouth in general. I have been very happy with the amt. of relief and even some healing of this dreadful disorder and thankfully the prices are great on my little budget! The Sinusalia also contains Spigelia which helps with TN and I try to keep Hylands Migraine for the pulsing,bursting pain that can occur. Never any side effects,just relief! If I come across anything else I will let you know.I hope you get relief soon! Don't give up!

Hi Paullover.

I am so sorry to hear about your gruesome pain. Hang in there, it should subside somewhat. I am having a bad week too, the burn is the worst part! I go to a myofascial release therapist, and that almost always gives me a few hours relief. Same with yoga, and if I can take the sound, my hypnotherapy tape. Warm baths too. Anything that relaxes me completely, (and shuts my eyes I guess, I m triggered visually). I also get painkilling effect from exercise, chewing/eating + any other thing that gets an increased circulation in the face, although my TN is herpetic, not because of vascular issues.

I can take quite a lot if I am distracted too - however right now I can't watch TV, and I am reading a fairly boring book, so I am thinking really hard about who I can phone to chat a little. if not that, I will watch a movie anyway (with a huge heat pad and a face massage roller nearby) drink my whisky and waith for tomorrow.

And don't forget about the counterintuitive ice packs! When I have sinusitis, it is the only thing that helps...

I am so sorry to hear you are doing so bad...just a few suggestions: 1, stay current on medications and employ heat and ice where you can. 2, activate your church family or support system. Please keep us informed

~E