Arterial pexy operation

I have had TN for about 8 years now. I was firstly on Carbamazepine, but had awful side effects inclding double vision and poor balance. I was switched to Lamotrigine, but the same side effects are now appearing. So I have now been offered surgery, an arterial pexy operation. I have had my pre op so hopefully it will be soon. I’d be interested to know if anyone has had this op.

The operation you name tends to be used for hemifacial spasm involving the 7th cranial nerve rather than the 5th. The following abstract may be applicable: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21275561

I wish you the best of outcomes.

Thank you. I am very grateful for the link to the article, as I hadn’t been able to find anything myself. I was scheduled for the op in November but my surgeon was ill. I didn’t want to have a different surgeon, preferring to wait. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer.

After 2 postponements I finally made it to surgery on 13th Feb for MVD. All seems to be going well, no TN pain at all. Headaches, difficulty swallowing, and horrible mouth ulcers are all easing off now. My face and lips feel numb, and that’s about it. I am really pleased to have gone ahead with the op, and now hope for as long as may be pain-free.