Anyone ever heard of a connection between TN and nuerosarcoidosis?

I've been reading up on sarcoidosis, because of a longstanding rash I have, and discovered it can affect the brain and causes "neuropathic" disorders. Is there any chance these might be connected to TN? Does anyone have sarcoidosis, or have you heard of a connection between the two? It didn't seem such a big reach to me......

Sarcoidosis seems to have little in common with chronic face pain. As an article on WebMD states,

Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease that affects multiple organs in the body, but mostly the lungs and lymph glands. In people with sarcoidosis, abnormal masses or nodules (called granulomas) consisting of inflamed tissues form in certain organs of the body. These granulomas may alter the normal structure and possibly the function of the affected organ(s).

And later in the article:

What Causes Sarcoidosis?

The exact cause of sarcoidosis is not known. It is a type of autoimmune disease associated with an abnormal immune response, but what triggers this response is uncertain. How sarcoidosis spreads from one part of the body to another is still being studied.

==============

See http://www.webmd.com/lung/arthritis-sarcoidosis

Thanks, Red, but I was really talking about neurosarcoidosis, which causes "neuropathic pain" among other things. It can, apparently, affect the trigeminal nerve as one of its manifestations, but it seems to cause numbness and loss of feeling rather than the heightened feeling of TN. Just thought I'd check in case any of our members had it, or knew of someone who did. Always worth a shot, even if it is a long shot!

Other members are of course welcome to weigh in on your question, "Electric". From what I've read, however, neurosarcoidosis is generally regarded as a complication of sarcoidosis rather than an independent medical entity. See, for instance,the US National Library of Medicine at https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000720.htm.

Regards, Red

Yes, I believe you're absolutely right, Red, and thanks for the link; very informative. But I was reading about an autobiography yesterday of a woman who just had neurosarcoidosis, which I'm guessing is probably rare, and I had also read before that that it can present there (neurologically) first, rather than through the more typical lung or skin manifestations, so thought I'd sound it out on here.

Apparently, it's something of a mimic as a disease and can look like many others, hence it being difficult to diagnose. Anyway, my sole connection is this infernal rash I have, so it's a weak and tenuous one at best!