In addition to TN, I had GPN and GN.
The pre op report showed "dolichoectatic"vertebral arteries on the right and left. It also states that I've got greater risk of side effects due to the large vertebral artery and the need for manipulation.
Key notes from the operation report: "Sectioned the nervus intermedius.A vein running between the 9th and 10th was divided an cauterized at the level of the brainstem. A small artery that was compressing te 9th nerve and the upper fascicle of the 10th was decompressed with teflon pledglets. The vertebral artery was seen compressing the entire 9th and 10th nerve complex at the brainstemj entry and exit zone. This was decompressed with numerous teflon pledglets due to its size." A small arteriole was running along the 5th nerve .was decompressed with teflon pledglets. ...in their closing process.- the dura was closed with running and interrupted 4-0 sutures....a muscle patch was also necessary."
My current condition is somewhat better than prior to surgery - I was in extremely bad shape before surgery - but I'm not doing very well overall.
I have some issues I’d like some opinions / guidance on. I'll be speaking to the surgeon for the first time since 7 days post op next Tuesday.
Here are the main problems:
- I still have swelling and a knot behind the ear and around the incision point / headaches, etc.
- Inner ear / jaw / temple / cheek pain and pressure. Jaw is constantly being pulled to left side. Jaw pain and pressure. Muscles are very tight. Spasms more severe in morning or when lying down - I hear/ feel the ear fire then the quick shooting spasms in jaw or throat - or when talking a lot. Spasms are somewhat less severe as prior to surgery but not much.
- Ear feels full , painful, pops.
- Temple area is a hot spot of pain, pressure and periodic popping.
- When I relax the jaw and move it to the right (to try to stretch) I feel the pain run through the left temple , cheek, and ear.
- Sever tinnitus – high pitched ringing and hissing 24/7.
- Some shooting pain in neck , tingling, pins and needles in left side of face, stabs in left of eye around eye, etc.
- Tongue is somewhat better but hurts to talk a lot . Seems like jaw/ear may play a role in tongue issues? When I'm able to relax the jaw - which is hard to do - the tongue seems to relax.
Could some of the issues be the trigeminal nerve ganglia…or a Eustachian tube problem? Could it be the mandibular branch ? Or glosso nerve / stylopharyngeal muscle ?
Thank you !