Quantcast

Living With Facial Pain

Tn1 attack and now the burning won't stop please help!

I have TN1 …shocks all day long …sometimes leading to big “attacks”. In the midst of transitioning medicines and had a terrible attack trying to eat pudding and it hasn’t stopped… it’s still burning and I don’t know what this means or what to do. It’s so painful. My bottom teeth feel like they’re going to explode and my cheek is on fire. Please help. :frowning:

Update: I used a heating pad and it seems to have taken my pain away. Any input on why?

Have you tried any medications?

Try some Orajel on the gums and teeth during the attack. Instant relief - for a few minutes for me anyway.

I have ATN so I don’t know if this will work for TN but I swear by lidocaine patch. Cut a strip and place it along the nerve branch that’s firing in your face. Or, in your case, sounds like maybe you should cut the patch in half and put a big piece on your cheek.

You can find it OTC in Canadian and American drug stores under the name SalonPas. This is 4% strong. 5% strong is available by prescription. Even if it doesn’t stop the pain it is a topical anthestic so maybe it will deaden the feeling somewhat.

Good luck!

I am so sorry to hear about your painful attacks. I know what you mean. My doctor asked me to take 800 mg of advil 3 times per day. I only use it when necessary because I don’t like to take too many meds. A heating pad is a life savior. I hope you feel better soon.